Why should I become a student?
Are you interested in improving your reading or math skills?
Do you want to learn English?
Do you need help preparing for a workplace exam?
Improving your skills and knowledge will help you meet your personal, education, and/or career goals. And working one-on-one with a tutor means that you can focus on your specific needs and priorities. We respect your privacy – all tutoring is free and confidential.
Here are some of the reasons people become students with the Literacy Council:
- To improve math and reading skills.
- To learn to use a computer.
- To learn to speak, read, and write English.
- To confidently fill out applications and other forms.
- To gain the skills you need for a job or a promotion.
- To get a driver’s license.
- To prepare for GED classes.